Houston Texas Tort Claims Act Attorney | Lawyers that Sue Houston or Texas

Houston Texas Tort Claims Act lawyers may pursue cases against state the Texas, the City of Houston or Harris County, Texas. In order to accomplish this task, they must follow the rules set forth in the Texas Tort Claims Act.

Texas Tort Claims Act Houston Attorneys

Subchapter A. General Provisions

Subchapter B. Tort Liability of Governmental Units

Subchapter C. Exclusions and Exceptions

Subchapter D. Procedures

  • Sec. 101.101. Notice.

    Section 11. - Notice of Claim for Damages.

    Before the City of Houston shall be liable for damages for personal injuries of any kind, or for injuries to or destruction of property of any kind, the person injured, or the owner of the property injured or destroyed, or some one in his behalf, shall give the Mayor and City Council notice in writing of such injury or destruction, duly verified, within ninety days after the same has been sustained, stating in such written notice when, where and how the injury or destruction occurred, and the apparent extent thereof, the amount of damage sustained, the amount for which claimant will settle, the actual residence of the claimant by street and number at the date the claim is presented, and the actual residence of such claimant for six months immediately preceding the occurrence of such injuries or destruction, and the names and addresses of the witnesses upon whom he relies to establish his claim, and a failure to so notify the Mayor and City Council within the time and manner specified herein shall exonerate, excuse and exempt the City from any liability whatsoever, provided that nothing herein shall be construed to effect or repeal Section 12 of Article IX of this Charter. (Act of 1905; amended October 15, 1913)

Mayor Annise D. Parker
City of Houston
P.O. Box 1562 Houston, TX 77251
Phone: 3-1-1, or 713.837.0311  


Please visit our Federal Tort Claims Act Lawyer page for an understanding of the difference between the state action and the federal action.

Houston attorneys that sue the City of Houston, or Harris County or the state of Texas Serve

Clients throughout Southeastern Texas, including Aldine, Baytown, Bellaire, Beaumont, Channelview, Cloverleaf, Conroe, Deer Park, Friendswood, Galena Park, Galveston, Hedwig Village, Highlands, Hilshire Village, Humble, Jacinto City, Katy, League City, Magnolia, Mission Bend, Missouri City, Pasadena, Pearland, Porter, Sealy, South Houston, Spring Valley, Stafford, The Meadows, The Woodlands, Waller, West University, and other communities in Fort Bend County, Harris County, and Montgomery County.

For a FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION, call one of the qualified Harris County personal injury lawyers listed on this site today.